Thursday, May 21, 2015

The One With End-of-Year Field Trips ~ Homeschool Week Wrap-Up

Happy Friday! J



Are you busy, friend? It’s that time of year to wrap up so many activities, the biggest one being school, and head into a bunch of other activities, for some of us that being more school. J

We like to end our year with travel and field trips which make it a little difficult to keep up with the blog. {My apologies for my absence!}

Tuesday was National Museum Day! In honor of that event, our local art museum was free. {A savings of $86 for our family of eight for those of you who are curious.} My husband and I had been years and years ago, before children, but it has changed quite a bit since then. Now, we must get back to see the rest of it, including the surrounding grounds and historic buildings.



The special exhibit was filled with classic cars. This little bus has seats that swivel to face a small table in the middle. Perhaps this should be our next vehicle? One problem -- all the cars are worth a minimum of $1.2 million!



I adore the peaceful serenity of an art gallery. Don't those light blue walls just calm frazzled nerves?



This incredible stained glass window was given in memory of President Benjamin Harrison by his wife. It reads, "Awake thou that sleepest. Christ shall arise from the dead and give thee light."



I told my husband he needs to wear his hair like this unidentified French gentleman painted by Rigaud. J



Even the museum grounds were fun and artsy!


Thursday, we returned to a favorite ~ The Creation Museum. It never disappoints, and we even heard Ken Ham speak!






Friday, we’re heading a couple of hours out of state to my hometown. The county bar association is holding a memorial service for all their lawyers who have passed away in the last several years. That includes my father.

It will be bitter sweet…sadness for my dad but an opportunity to show my hometown to my children and talk again with the lawyers who knew my father. And I can't help it...this law school graduate is looking forward to being inside a courtroom. {It’s also going to be a bit of a research trip. I think the town would be an excellent setting for another novel. J}


Have a terrific weekend!







How was your week?


~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life AProverbs31Wife.com Missional Women MomsTheWord Homegrown Learners Hip Homeschool Moms


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. BUSY!!!! Sounds like you all enjoyed it all so far.

    Charlotte Moore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wouldn't it be fun to have a classic car like that? My Father-in-Love was joking around at dinner tonight that he'd like to have 10 grandchildren (my husband is an only child) and my reply was, we'd have to get a new car. :) I think a classic one like you have shown above would suit the task very well LOL
    The playground looks like so much fun to play on. Museums are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)