Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Three Things This Mother Wants for Mother's Day

“I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.” Abraham Lincoln, U.S. President

Mother’s Day is this coming Sunday, May 10. How will you celebrate?

I’ll admit that tokens of appreciation are wonderful. Books. Flowers. Chocolate. A home-made card. Who doesn't like to hear thank you? It's the same for mothers.

I went to a Mother-Daughter brunch at our church this Saturday and came home to find that my handy hubby and oldest son had made this box out of pallet wood for me. 


Isn’t it beautiful?

But what are the real gifts? There are three things I'm receiving this Mother's Day, and they aren't costing my family a cent.

My husband to pray for me, for our marriage, for our children, for our future grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Several years ago, I heard Dr. James Dobson say that his grandfather prayed daily for his children, his grandchildren, and his great-grandchildren, that all would walk with the Lord.

I immediately knew the Lord was calling my husband and me to the same commitment. We weren't always so prayerful, though. My husband and I have sought our faith at no small price, and I would never want to see our future generations treat callously what we have fought for. I'm not sure how much my husband prays for me. I can't promise you that it's daily. But he does tell me on a regular basis that he's praying for me, and I am free to give him specific requests as needed. I am blessed.

My children to walk in the truth. The jury's still out on this one, but so far so good. The ages of our children are somewhat young, so time will tell. Nothing would make me happier at the end of my life than to know that my children are living in a way that is pleasing to the Lord. All of my mothering points toward this goal. Can I get an amen? J



A fun evening with my family. They really are my favorite people to spend time with, especially when they're well-behaved. {Husband, too. J} So, leave the whining and arguing behind, and we’ll play some games, bake some brownies, watch some movies while we cuddle on the couch, or read some books together.

What more could I ask for?









What do you want for Mother’s Day?





~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life AProverbs31Wife.com Missional Women MomsTheWord Homegrown Learners Hip Homeschool Moms


Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. AMEN!!! LOVE that scripture.

    HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

    Charlotte Moore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - so nice to find the richness in seemingly simple things! I have also heard of a venture where you can celebrate mothers in your community, not just your own mother. I have two sweet friends who are mothers and will be sending them an acknowledgement of how amazing I think their mothering skills are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet gift your guys made while we were out partying! RB and I are speaking (well, I'm speaking and he's doing music) on Sunday so it will be a bit different for us. Melanie couldn't wait to give me her gift -- a special collage of the kids with their books. Just precious and it couldn't be more perfect.

    ReplyDelete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)