Thursday, July 2, 2015

A Few of My Favorite Things

Let’s try something new! J

Five Minute Friday, hosted by Kate Motaung, sounds like so much fun that I decided to take up the challenge to write for five minutes without editing. Every Thursday evening, Kate posts the topic of the week, and the community then free writes. In her words, this means “no editing, no over-thinking, and no worrying about perfect grammar or punctuation.” See? A challenge for this perfectionist! J
Ready? The word this Friday is FAVORITE. Here we go.


I won’t break into song like Maria or throw down pillows at you or dance around the bedroom.

But I love new school books, unsharpened pencils, lesson plans. Can you tell we’re getting ready to start another school year?

Ice cream…chocolate peanut butter, Tin Roof Sundae, vanilla bean. It’s best in the summer.



Anything with my children. Well, almost anything. I can’t say I care for disciplining, but it’s necessary. Reading together, playing games, watching the minions, riding in the van, exploring museums or parks or whatever’s been stashed in the back of the closet. Hugs, kisses, cuddles on the sofa, chasing down the hallway, my 9yo still trying to sit on my lap.


Pillow talk with my husband at two o’clock in the morning. Plans for the future, how much we enjoy the children, what big breakfast we’ll fix together on Saturday morning.


Big family adventures. Exclamations from people who are surprised at our six children. Exiting the minivan like the Keystone Cops. {Remember how many they fit in one vehicle?}

Forgiveness. Grace, The love of God.


The end. 









What are some of your favorite things?



~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life AProverbs31Wife.com Missional Women MomsTheWord Homegrown Learners Hip Homeschool Moms


Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Megan! Glad you posted! I too love chocolate peanutbutter ice cream and pencils! There's not much better than pillow talk and waking up to little child snuggles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Syndal! It's fun to tackle those five minutes and push yourself, isn't it? Thanks for stopping in! :-)

      Delete
  2. That was so cute! I'm practising gratitude at the moment and find it's de-stressed me and all sorts of good stuff. So I love everybody's 'thankful for..' lists, but yours is really heartwarming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Helen. I ran out of time in the five minutes, but that's exactly what I was thinking as I wrote my list. So many things to be thankful for! :-)

      Delete
  3. Mmm..ice cream! Definitely one of my favorite things in summer. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)