Friday, July 10, 2015

Hope in the Homeschool ~ Five Minute Friday

Five Minute Friday, hosted by Kate Motaung, sounds like so much fun that I decided to take up the challenge to write for five minutes without editing. Every Thursday evening, Kate posts the topic of the week, and the community then free writes. In her words, this means “no editing, no over-thinking, and no worrying about perfect grammar or punctuation.” See? A challenge for this perfectionist! J

Ready? The word this Friday is HOPE. Here we go.


Hope can be difficult to grasp, can't it?

Sometimes it's a shallow and temporary wish. I hope my hair looks okay today. I hope I can get a good parking spot. I hope it doesn't rain until I get home.

But other times it's soul-deep. A yearning that almost aches. An earnest prayer uttered in the darkest part of the night.

We're in the beginning of our school year, and hope is a constant companion for me. {Can I get an amen?}

Hope that I can find binders on sale.

Hope that the binders last through the entire year this time.



Hope to be able to keep up with all the planning and grading.

Hope that the 9yo will be able to keep up with the speed of fourth grade.

Hope that the 11yo, as he day-dreams of being an architect or a doctor or an engineer, will seek the best Guidance Counselor of all.

Hope that the year stretches to infinity, so our family can stay together longer and the oldest, in tenth grade, doesn't flit away from the nest too soon.


Hope for a love of learning to sink deeper into their spirits.

Hope that the best learning of all, knowledge and understanding and saving belief in Jesus Christ, takes deep hold.




Hope turned into prayer whispered into my pillow.

The end.








What are your hopes?




~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life AProverbs31Wife.com Missional Women MomsTheWord Homegrown Learners Hip Homeschool Moms


Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. Hi Meghan,
    Ah hope! I hope my youngest daughter will want to give up wanting to go to public school and will want to continue to homeschool.

    I hope my daughters will want to be more modest in the way they dress.

    More than that I hope they will draw closer to the Lord and trust Him to meet their needs.

    I hope we find the right church for our family. One that we are all comfortable being at and teaches the Word.

    I hope the people there live the Bible.

    I hope I'm being a good wife to my husband.

    I hope the Lord is pleased with me.



    ReplyDelete
  2. My 2 biggest hopes as a fellow homeschool mom are two of your hopes:

    "Hope for a love of learning to sink deeper into their spirits. Hope that the best learning of all, knowledge and understanding and saving belief in Jesus Christ, takes deep hold."

    When I first married my hubby and knew I'd be home educating our children (he was a homeschool grad) my hope was that I'd be able to teach them how to read, didn't know then that Math was the subject to worry about, lol.

    I'm your FMF neighbor today, nice to meet you.
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many hopes! I feel the big ones and the small ones, too. Now that my little guy is looking less like a baby and more like a little boy, all those hopes for his future life and education are starting to take shape. It's exciting. Scary sometimes, but so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog, but I've never gotten my comments to work!! I see your kids working on their Bible Bee work - how's it going for you guys this year? We're loving the study and after a couple of weeks of camps and craziness, we're finally on track!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did I read too much into the baby shoe photo?

    LOL - It's been a long day. I liked your post. It was great. Short and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. praying for your homeschooling efforts to be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus blood, and righteousness.

    Therefore my hope is solid, for it rests in the Rock of all ages.

    In him alone I stand.

    And for the hope that is set before me, I press on, eagerly awaiting the blessed day when in my solid Rock I rest for all eternity. Oh blessed day!

    And now abides faith, hope, and love. But the greatest? It's love.

    Now, I hope for one more day to share his love; yet for me to live is Christ, and to die? That is gain!

    Amen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW!! This was great reading Debbie.

      Charlotte Moore

      Delete
  8. This is absolutely beautiful, Meghan! Hope is one of my very favorite words.

    Praying your school year is a blessed one. May He continue to fill your cup to overflowing.

    ~Heather @ My Overflowing Cup (visiting from A Proverbs 31 Wife!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow: just here to say that your last line just gave me the chills in this post! If you write like that all the time, I am definitely going to look for your novels. Clearly off-the-cuff is your best style. Write first, edit later! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)