Friday, July 24, 2015

Ten Dream Travel Destinations for Our Family ~ Five Minute Friday

Five Minute Friday, hosted by Kate Motaung, sounds like so much fun that I decided to take up the challenge to write for five minutes without editing. Every Thursday evening, Kate posts the topic of the week, and the community then free writes. In her words, this means “no editing, no over-thinking, and no worrying about perfect grammar or punctuation.” See? A challenge for this perfectionist! J

This week’s word is TEN.

Ready? Here we go.

Our family absolutely loves to travel together. Nothing suits us better than a few outfits thrown into a suitcase and the open road before us. We put our heads together and listed ten places we'd like to visit.



Alaska. A cruise, even! Sweaters and jackets in the middle of the summer? Yes, please!

New York City. I know, danger abounds. But so do the sights.

England. All parts. The Peak District. The Lake District. Bath and Jane Austen's home. The stomping grounds of the Wesley brothers. London and all its diversions.

Antarctica. Did you know you can catch a cruise from New Zealand to Antarctica? Sounds like a fabulous adventure!

New Zealand. Wellington, The Shire, and don't forget that cruise to Antarctica.

France. All parts. There's a Facebook friend I would love to meet in person. {Hello, FB friend!}

Germany. I know it's gruesome, but I want to see the Holocaust memorials. Sure, I'll cry all the way through, but it's an important part of world history.

Italy. I want to ride a gondola through the canals of Venice and shake the hand of the Pope in Vatican City. Think I'd get to meet him?

Prince Edward Island, Canada. Hello, Anne Shirley!

Switzerland. Yo-de-le-he-who! Is that how you spell a yodel?


The end.









Where would you like to travel?



~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life AProverbs31Wife.com Missional Women MomsTheWord Homegrown Learners Hip Homeschool Moms


Pin It!

19 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun list. I was thinking about writing something similar but I'm happy with what I wrote in the end. Five Minute Friday Friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With just a one-word prompt, possibilities abound! :-)

      Delete
  2. Stopping in from the FMF! A cruise to Alaska is also on my top 10 destinations! Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My parents went on an Alaskan cruise a few years ago, and it sure seemed to be a trip through paradise. Sigh. :-)

      Delete
  3. Adventure is so important and if you can afford to travel it is so eye opening isn't it? I like your shout out to Ann Shirley :) we enjoy her too and all her vivid descriptions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the best destinations are centered around books. :-) I know we have the internet and tons of documentaries and travel DVDs available to us, but there's nothing like being there in person, is there, Summer?

      Delete
  4. I would love to see Israel :) and Canada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Tabitha! If I could have a #11 and a #12...The Holy Land and the Canadian Rockies.

      Delete
  5. Hello Meghan you are welcome here in France so we can drink coffee and reads books together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonjour, Sandra! Sounds like a dream vacation, Sandra...and we're completely serious about getting there in the next couple of years. :-) I need to brush up on my French. College was a long time ago....

      Delete
  6. Hmmm....you might just get me inspired to try these 5 minute Friday things one of these days. It has to be good for writing practice, especially for someone like me who can't type a single sentence without editing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is challenging, but a prompt helps keep me focused. Looking forward to your entry! :-)

      Delete
  7. Meghan, what a delight to have you in line on the link up. This was such a fun read! I believe there are quite a few struggling perfectionists that enjoy the challenge of FMF. Thank you for coming over to visit me.
    You are definitely a Talented Ten! :D
    A couple destinations on my list that are different are Ireland and Hawaii. My overly curly hair will drive me crazy, but the rich beauty of those lush isles calls to me.
    Love,
    Tammy
    (#20 this week)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The prompt of "fourteen" or even "fifteen" would have helped me so much, Tammy. :-) My husband and I honeymooned in Hawaii but would love to take our children with us for another trip. And definitely Ireland, maybe in the same trip as England. Thanks for stopping in!

      Delete
  8. i like your list. have had a chance to see some of those places and they were fun:) one place i would really love to see is here in the US... the grand canyon! if i don't see it soon, i'm afraid my time will run out! the alaska cruise was fun:) switzerland was very pretty. loved england more than i expected to. and new york city? my daughter lived there for a few years so i got to see quite a few places including shortly after 911. yes, they lived there when that happened:( such an interesting place:)

    interesting post:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Martha, for confirming that those are good places to visit. I've been to the Grand Canyon, way back before I was married, and it is breathtaking. If you can get there, it would be worth the trip. :-)

      Delete
  9. We keep a travel bucket list for our family, too. I love your list! I may have to revise our list based on yours!

    ReplyDelete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)