Tuesday, August 18, 2015

A Vintage Look for our Bible Bee National Qualifier ~ #TwirlyTuesday

Are you up for another Twirly Tuesday? We haven’t been shopping or putting together anything new and different recently, so there hasn’t seemed to be a reason. But when the 15yo put on this new-to-her dress last Sunday, I immediately thought of y’all.

You’ve probably noticed that I don’t know very much about style. J We just wear what we like. But the rage these days is vintage, and with the roses on the dress and the style of the shoes, that’s the word that popped into my mind. I wish I had the know-how to make her hair into those vintage-style head-hugging waves. Wouldn’t that be beautiful?

Did you notice the title of the post? The four oldest children took the local Bible Bee test on August 1, and they all did well. It thrills this mama's heart just to see them study and memorize the Word. The 13yo and the 11yo came close to qualifying, and the 15yo ranked in the top 120. That means she gets to compete in November at the National Bible Bee. She’s in the senior division this year, so not only will she be studying a different book of the Bible for the written exam, but she’ll be memorizing 200 passages. Some passages can be as long as twenty to thirty-some verses. That deserves a few exclamation points!!!!!



What the 15yo wore ~

Dress ~ hand-me-down
Cardigan ~ Kohl’s sale with extra percentage off
Shoes ~ hand-me-down


Lilla Rose flexi ~ half-up with extra-small Open Flower


Little brother photo bomb!









Do you like vintage style? Is this it? J



~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life AProverbs31Wife.com Missional Women MomsTheWord Homegrown Learners Hip Homeschool Moms


Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. Sweetness. I love how her dresses matches the rose painting on the wall behind her. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered if anyone would notice the print on the wall, Shelli, but I hadn't noticed how it all matched. :-) Thank you for your kind words!

      Delete
  2. Your daughter looks lovely!! Thank you for sharing as it is a huge inspiration for my 9 year old daughter to see a teenage girl dressed like a lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad your daughter was encouraged, Tricia! That's my goal in these posts. :-) Many blessings to you!

      Delete
  3. It's just so perfect. I'm in awe of how much they memorize and learn. Not only a blessing now but will follow them all their lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are absolutely delighted that they've taken up the challenge to memorize Scripture, Pam! You're right...it will stay with them for all of their lives. Thanks for stopping in!

      Delete
  4. Looks very nice. I love the black and pink. CONGRATULATIONS on the spelling be qualification.

    Charlotte Moore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Charlotte, PINK! I can't get that color on the 15yo very often. :-) Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Love this outfit and the photo bomb too! Your daughter is a wonderful example for other teenage girls :-)

    Summer @ chocolateandsunset.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 11yo can be a real hoot, Summer, and I'm glad the 15yo doesn't mind. Thank you for your kind words! :-)

      Delete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)