Friday, September 11, 2015

Ending the Homeschool Same Old – Same Old ~ #FiveMinuteFriday

Five Minute Friday, hosted by Kate Motaung, sounds like so much fun that I decided to take up the challenge to write for five minutes without editing. Every Thursday evening, Kate posts the topic of the week, and the community then free writes. In her words, this means “no editing, no over-thinking, and no worrying about perfect grammar or punctuation.” See? A challenge for this perfectionist! J

This week’s word is SAME.

Ready? Here we go.

Sometimes same is good.

I would love to be the same weight I was when I got married.

I’d certainly be happy with the same hair color as when I was five years old.

And I definitely appreciate the same love from God as when I first found him.

But every once in a while, same is too much…well, the same.

The longer we homeschool, the more we’re finding that we like to get out and about. Just like in my writing environment, a change can be a wonderful stimulus for imagination and energy. Many times, it helps my focus to cart my laptop to a study area of the library or a local eatery.



Our children are the same way. I understand that, because when I remember my public school years, the most exciting days were those when the teacher moved our regular work to a different location such as a blanket outside on a beautiful day or the school library. My vigor for the work set before me multiplied exponentially, and the entire endeavor was so much more satisfying than if the same old-same old had occurred.


Now, I see the same effect not only in my children as students but also in myself as teacher.

Pack up the backpacks, and here we go!


The End.









Do you like to complete schoolwork outside your home? Where do you go? I’m sure I’m not the only one who could use a few new ideas. J




~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life AProverbs31Wife.com Missional Women MomsTheWord Homegrown Learners Hip Homeschool Moms


Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. A great idea for homeschooling! I was homeschooled, and it is fun to get out of the same old routine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely, Kortney! It's terrific to hear from a homeschool graduate. Thanks for stopping by! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had some sunny weather on Monday, and spent the afternoon reading and making crafts, outside on the grass, rather than cooped up indoors. The children (and I!) loved it! Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)