Friday, September 4, 2015

“Yes!” ~ One of the Best Things about Being a {Homeschool} Mom #FiveMinuteFriday

Five Minute Friday, hosted by Kate Motaung, sounds like so much fun that I decided to take up the challenge to write for five minutes without editing. Every Thursday evening, Kate posts the topic of the week, and the community then free writes. In her words, this means “no editing, no over-thinking, and no worrying about perfect grammar or punctuation.” See? A challenge for this perfectionist! J

The word this week is YES.

Ready? Here we go.

Mom, can I do extra lessons so I don’t have school on Friday?
            Yes, as long as you learn the material.

Mom, can I do a lapbook on England? It looks really interesting.
            Yes! Let’s call it research for a future field trip. J

Mom, can I just read one more chapter before I go to sleep?
            Yes, but only if I can read one more chapter of my book, too.

Mom, can I bake some brownies?
            Yes, we’ll call that life skills. Toss in some peanut-butter chips.



Mom, can I check out just a few more books from the library?
            Yes, as long as they’re good books.

Mommy, will you read another book with me?
            Yes. Snuggle in a little closer.

Yes, I love you. More than you can possibly imagine at this point in your life.

Yes, I pray for you. Every day.

Yes, I am here for you. No matter what.

Yes, God loves you, and He cares for you.

Yes, one more good night kiss and an extra-long, super-squeezy hug.



Stop.









To what do you say yes?


~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life AProverbs31Wife.com Missional Women MomsTheWord Homegrown Learners Hip Homeschool Moms


Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing all the fun yes moments! Hopped over from FMF. God bless, Lyndse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Five Minute Friday Friend from Australia, these are great yeses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your yeses are so encouraging. I homeschooled a lifetime ago and your post takes me back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love those kind of "yeses" when it comes to homeschooling!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of these "yeses", your post made me smile & want to snuggle my babies. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked the poem it was really sweet! I needed that!

    ReplyDelete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)