Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Be Encouraged and Don’t Quit Your Decluttering ~ The Great Purge of 2015 ~ Decluttering Series

We’ve just returned from a week at The National Bible Bee in San Antonio. It was an exhilarating and wonderful few days spent getting to know new friends and savoring the oral recitation of God’s Word.

Although neither my 15yo nor my 11yo made it to the semi-finals, they both won the ultimate prize ~ a closer walk with Him and God’s Word hidden in their hearts. You can watch the semi-final and final rounds on the Bible Bee website.

You’re probably wondering what this has to do with decluttering. J

I’ve only been working intentionally at decluttering for a few months, and that’s been off-and-on, mingled in with regular household responsibilities, homeschooling, and writing. I haven’t made the progress I wanted.

But when we walked in the house the night of our return, it struck me.

I’ve made progress.

We’ve made progress. {My husband and Bigs have been instrumental in this accomplishment!}

I stared at the clear table, available for bags we brought in from our travels. I relished the clear desk when I placed the laptop case on it for unpacking. I sighed with joy when I opened my closet and easily returned a top to its hanger.



It wasn’t long, though, and another thought hit me as well.

The urge to purge! I’m not done yet.


I have two more posts planned for this series ~ one on future goals, and one on books that have been helpful. Thanksgiving in the United States will arrive before those are posted, so I want to wish my readers a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving Day!












~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life AProverbs31Wife.com Missional Women MomsTheWord Homegrown Learners Hip Homeschool Moms Reading List: Cozy Reading Spot


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)