Monday, August 1, 2016

What I’ve Learned in July

{I’m trying something new, something I saw first on my fellow LIS author’s blog, Lynn Blackburn, and she says she got it from Emily Freeman. It looks like a great way to mention the minutia of everyday life without dedicating an entire blog post to any one thing. We’ll see how it goes!}

Plain/vanilla coffee creamer really is best. My husband and I are fairly new coffee drinkers, just within the past few years. So we’re still trying new creamers every now and then, but for the most part, they just languish in the refrigerator. I’m a purist at heart. If I want something chocolate-flavored, I’ll just eat chocolate.


Making coffee is more fun when my daughter and her stuffed dogs help. It’s our little morning ritual, although sometimes those little dogs are just downright mischievous. J



Consignment furniture stores are the best shopping around. We’ve recently discovered a couple of them within about a half-hour drive from home, and they are so much fun to browse! The styles and colors and finishes are so diverse that there is never a dull moment in shopping. Because it’s consignment and not just one furniture company, I see so many more name brands and styles than I ever would if I just shopped furniture stores, including pictures, mirrors, dishes, lamps, throw pillows, etc. The prices are pretty terrific as well. And when you consider that every few weeks the prices drop on individual items? Well, it’s my new happy spot.


I’m both eagerly anticipating and dreading the upcoming American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) conference this month. It’ll be almost three days of non-stop writing workshops, meals with writers/agents/publishers, and shop-talk. I’ll get to meet writers I’ve only read and “met” on social media as well as catch up in person with a couple of writing friends I haven’t seen in three years. Glorious! But…I’m going without my family. My husband and my children are – seriously – my most favorite people in the world to spend time with. In our world, three days is a looooong time to be apart.

Life has exploded, and I’m having a hard time keeping up with my blog. This, too, shall pass, and we’ll be back to our regularly scheduled programming soon.








What have you learned in July?


~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life AProverbs31Wife.com Missional Women MomsTheWord Homegrown Learners Hip Homeschool Moms Reading List: Cozy Reading Spot


Pin It!

1 comment:

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)