Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Enough ~ My One Word 2017

I’ve never been a joiner. That could be a result of my introversion. I like to stand back and observe and learn the lay of the land before I jump into the unknown (or at least what feels like the unknown to me). Even then, I only jump in when it seems like a valuable use of my time.

So when this One Word phenomenon began, I was skeptical.

“If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away. It is not important that he should mature as soon as an apple-tree or an oak. Shall he turn his spring into summer?” Henry David Thoreau in Walden

In December, though, I read the book. I finally got the point. J I prayed about whether or not I should even jump on the #myoneword train, and it seemed that the Lord, almost immediately, gave me a word. So, I think it's worth a go for 2017.



I put my word on a ledger sheet because I am enough. I don't need to keep a record of my wrongs. I ought not tally up all my misgivings or doubts or moments of negative self-talk. I certainly should not keep a spreadsheet of all the goals and dreams and wonderings I’ve not accomplished.

I am enough.

God is enough.

I own enough

I do enough

Enough already with the negative self-talk. 

Enough with the unrealistic expectations.

Enough with people who drag me down spiritually and emotionally.

Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God, who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant…. ~ 2 Corinthians 3:5-6 NKJV

There’s something on the periphery of my consciousness that God wants to speak to me that I can’t quite grasp. Something about enough and my time spent with him. But now doesn’t seem to be the right time for that communication.

Soon.

Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. ~ Hebrews 4:16 NKJV


Maybe #myoneword will be enough for the new year. J








Has the Lord given you a word for 2017? If you’re comfortable, please share it in the comments.


~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~




Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I like that one! I've had "content" and "available" and "identity" over the years, but didn't choose one this year. Enough really speaks to me, though, as I've been questioning if I'm getting enough schooling done, if I've given enough of myself in a certain situation, etc. Thanks for sharing your word.

    ReplyDelete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)